Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You heard me, Lord and I praise you in this storm

Today is a day of new beginnings.  Today is the first day of a new way of life.  Today my husband made a giant stride on the long road of recovery.  Today he entered a six week residental Christian rehab facility. I praise you O' Lord for this opportunity that you've given him. Yet, I pray as I will continue to pray that you will open his eyes to your will.  That you will give him the tools and the resources to begin a new life free of the bondage of addiction.  Freedom that can only come from you. Freedom that I know you want him to grasp.

I pray for each moment that he is put outside his comfort zone, as I know there will be many.  I pray that you will bless those moments, not by making them easy but by allowing him to see that each of those moments is a step down the long and winding road of his recovery.  I praise you, Father for your mercy and grace. The storm is far from over and the road is long before us, but I trust in your goodness, O' Lord.  I know that you will watch over us as you always have.

1 comment:

  1. praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Beautifully Awkward

    ReplyDelete